Our Comprehensive service is tailored to individual patient needs, but will generally follow along these lines:
- Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Biomechanical assessment to identify the source of your condition
- Education and advice on the cause(s) of your condition, and how best to
modify your sport / work / lifestyle if necessary
- Appropriate hands-on treatment
- Exercise prescription first aimed at improving your condition, and then at
maintaining good health and future injury prevention
Your physiotherapy treatment may consist of any of the following modalities:
- Joint mobilisation and/or manipulation
- Soft tissue releases/massage
- Corrective exercises
- Taping / Bracing
- Orthotic Prescription
- Ergonomic advice
- Lifestyle advice / education
- Gym based exercises
- Core Stability / Pilates reformer, floor or fit ball exercises
- Pilates Mat classes
- Real Time Ultrasound Core Stability Training
- Electro-physical Agents
- Dry needling
- Casting for fractures
- Live Longer Live Stronger Exercise Classes
For more specific information on how we treat some common conditions, call one of our friendly physiotherapists at Kwinana Physiotherapy.
Our services at Kwinana Physiotherapy are eligible for rebate under Private Health ancillary cover. To make payment easier, our clinics offer on-site electronic claiming (HiCAPS). This allows you to instantly claim your rebate from most private health insurers, leaving you only the gap to pay after treatment. As insurance policies vary, we recommend you check your level of cover with your insurer. Please click here to see if your Private Health fund is linked to HiCAPS direct claiming facilities
At Wellard Physiotherapy we provide a full range of casting services for fractures and other conditions/injuries requiring custom fitted immobilization. Our casts can be made to be waterproof and removable.
Over 50's Exercise Classes
Research shows that strength-based exercise programs designed specifically for the over 50’s can result in improvements in a variety or areas. These classes aim to achieve a reduction in falls, improved health, quality of life and fitness. Aubin Grove Physiotherapy runs circuit-based exercise classes 3 times per week.
Remedial massage therapy involves the assessment and treatment of soft tissue dysfunctions, to assist in rehabilitation, alleviation of pain and injury management. Massage therapy may also be beneficial as a preventative strategy to promote normal muscle contraction and reduce the likelihood of injury.
Remedial massage therapy aims to:
- Restore and maintain normal muscle length
- Reduce pain and muscle tension
- Promote normal joint position and mobility
- Increase the flow of blood to muscles
- Promote the formation of healthy scar tissue
Each massage is tailored to suit individual needs, and will consist of an assessment (to identify musculoskeletal dysfunctions and determine the client’s health status) and appropriate hands on treatment.
Your remedial massage treatment may consist of a combination of the following techniques:
- Swedish Massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Neuromuscular techniques (eg. trigger point therapy)
- Myofascial release techniques
- Muscle energy techniques
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- Positional release techniques
- Mobilising techniques
Rebates from most Private Health Insurers may apply.
Our massage therapist, Jacinta, is available 4 days per week (including Saturday mornings).
30, 60 and 90 minute sessions available.